I am a fully registered Clinical Psychologist, with 14 years of clinical experience (since 2005). I ama member of the College of Clinical Psychologists (FCCLP) and the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
I obtained qualifications in Psychology, Counselling, and Education, including:
- Master in Clinical Psychology from Clark University
- Master in Counselling Psychology from Harvard University
- Master in Education from University of Iowa & from Monash University
I gained extensive experience working mostly with adults in these areas:
- Mood disorders, esp. depression, dysthymia, and manic-depression
- Anxiety disorders, incl. social anxiety, panic, GAD, OCD, PTSD, phobias
- Adjustment disorders, incl. grief reaction/bereavement
- Stress management and sleep disorders
- Forensic issues and anger management
- Substance use disorders and addiction (drug and/or alcohol abuse)
- Management of schizophrenia and other psychoses (e.g., paranoia)
- Workplace issues, including injury, bullying, conflict and termination
- Work capacity/incapacity, and occupational/vocational assessment
- Academic difficulties and school behavioural problems
- Men’s issues, including marital/relationship/sexual difficulties
- Marital and couples’ counselling and relationship issues/breakdown
- Assessment of intellectual functioning (e.g., Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-IV Ed.or WASI).
- Psychological & legal report writing to Magistrates Court, Work Cover, TAC, Vocat, Centrelink, etc.
I practice predominantly evidence-based therapy such as cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), and elements of psychodynamic, interpersonal and problem-focused behaviour therapy, including psychoeducation, mood monitoring/recording, pleasant activities scheduling, cognitive reframing/restructuring, relaxation techniques, stress management, anger management, cutting down/out substance use, problem solving, role-plays and behavioural experiments to learn new skills and modify behaviour, homework assignments, and administering assessment tools, e.g., depression, anxiety, alcohol, drug, etc., self-rating scales.
Thank you for your consideration. Sincerely,
Ilan Lohr, M.Ed., M.A., M.A., M.Ed.
Mobile: 0410275410 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org